“Si Soy Amaaaaa!”
You ever watch an ad that is so wrongâ€”yet so funny that you have to see it over and over again, and every time you laugh you say “that’s not right” while busting a gut? Well, for this Ahorro Cell ad from Northern Mexico, I have decided to get off my high horse and admit: this shit is funny as hell.Â Here is the premise for you non-espaÃ±ol speakersâ€”a woman answers the phone, and the guy on the other end asks to speak to her “maricon”, or faggot son. She’s like “my son is no faggot!!” but then her son pops out of the bathroom and….well just watch:
So what does this have to do with cell phones? Well, the message that they give in the spot is to “expect the unexpected” or something….yeaaaaah. Oh! And there is a little person too! All jokes aside, the fact that they actually used the term “maricon” on television kinda blows my mind, as it would never make it past public access here in the states. But as any world traveler will tell you, advertising across the waters is an entirely different ballgame and much more in-your-face. It seems that this one worked because I canNOT stop saying “Si Soy Ammmaaaaaa!” Sigh…I will get no work done today.
For the record, Parlour is a super “we love everyone” site, and this post was not written to offend anyone in any way.
AdAttack! is the random musings of J.Baker, who has a sordid love affair with all things advertising, culture and marketing. After working in the biz for this long, itâ€™s a love/hate relationship taken to an entirely new level.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016