Because corporations are just coming around to the notion that gay people spend money and don’t just watch LOGO, Progressive Auto Insurance just released this spot featuring two men, one with a interesting choice of wardrobe. Wait, gays drive? GET OUT!
Too bad the dialogue doesn’t out them as much as I hoped it would, but maybe they are still in the closet? I can almost hear the dialogue when pitching this to the client “this skews lgbt, while not appearing too forward….they can be partners, or just best buddies!” Kinda like when agencies create beauty spots featuring ethnically-ambiguous models and dub it in spanish and english…because we all look alike ya know. Snarkiness aside, it’s good to see major brands “mainstreaming” often over-looked segments (yes, we are all segments.)…me wonders if there will be a Progressive float at Pride this year…
AdAttack! is the random musings of a girl who has a sordid love affair with all things advertising, culture and marketing. After working n the biz for this long, it’s a love/hate relationship taken to an entirely new level.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016