Because corporations are just coming around to the notion that gay people spend money and don’t just watch LOGO, Progressive Auto Insurance just released this spot featuring two men, one with a interesting choice of wardrobe. Wait, gays drive? GET OUT!
Too bad the dialogue doesn’t out them as much as I hoped it would, but maybe they are still in the closet? I can almost hear the dialogue when pitching this to the client “this skews lgbt, while not appearing too forward….they can be partners, or just best buddies!” Kinda like when agencies create beauty spots featuring ethnically-ambiguous models and dub it in spanish and english…because we all look alike ya know. Snarkiness aside, it’s good to see major brands “mainstreaming” often over-looked segments (yes, we are all segments.)…me wonders if there will be a Progressive float at Pride this year…
AdAttack! is the random musings of a girl who has a sordid love affair with all things advertising, culture and marketing. After working n the biz for this long, it’s a love/hate relationship taken to an entirely new level.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016