The New York Times‘ Suzy Menkes recently noticed the rise of African influence on the Spring 2009 runways…as if it ever left? They compiled a nifty little slideshow, but us being the Parlouristas we are…we give you some of our favorite African designers making waves on both sides of the Atlantic. Why stop at the influence when you can go to the source?
Xuly Bet (Mali)
Duro Olowu (Nigeria)
Korto Momolu (Liberia)
Folae Folarin-Coker for Tiffany Amber (Nigeria)
Phunk Afrique (Nigeria)
Nkhensani Nkhosi for Stoned Cherrie (South Africa)
Want to stay up on all things fly, fun and African? Check out some of my favorite sites that keep their fingers on the pulse of the continent: Bella Naija / Jamati / FashionAfrica and many many more!!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016