Guanabee spoke to Dr. John Mauser, who’s been a doctor in Mexico for 30 years, about what’s really going on with Swine Flu.
Guanabee: So, tell us. How do you think the swine flu got started?
Dr. Mauser: In a small town in Veracruz called Perote, they breed pigs and it seems the pigs got a swine influenza…From that, 400 people were infectedâ€“the whole town. It surged by the end of March and Veratect, a company that does bio-surveillance, notified the World Health Organization around April 2nd, but no one paid attention until it spread to Mexico City.
Guanabee: Are you scared?
Dr. Mauser: No, not at all. I donâ€™t even use a face mask.
I would love to be the owner of the company that produces those face masks and the medical labs that make the cold medicine.
Guanabee: We guess those guys are having a good day. Anything you advise?
Dr. Mauser: Avoid handshakes, kissing, sharing untensils, crowded places, sneeze into the crook of your elbow. Keep kitchen utensils very clean. And take some Emergen-C. Do you have that there?…Take one of those everyday.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015
- Couple Tripping: Where to Turn Down Together, for Your Sanity - March 26th, 2015