Guanabee spoke to Dr. John Mauser, who’s been a doctor in Mexico for 30 years, about what’s really going on with Swine Flu.
Guanabee: So, tell us. How do you think the swine flu got started?
Dr. Mauser: In a small town in Veracruz called Perote, they breed pigs and it seems the pigs got a swine influenza…From that, 400 people were infectedâ€“the whole town. It surged by the end of March and Veratect, a company that does bio-surveillance, notified the World Health Organization around April 2nd, but no one paid attention until it spread to Mexico City.
Guanabee: Are you scared?
Dr. Mauser: No, not at all. I donâ€™t even use a face mask.
I would love to be the owner of the company that produces those face masks and the medical labs that make the cold medicine.
Guanabee: We guess those guys are having a good day. Anything you advise?
Dr. Mauser: Avoid handshakes, kissing, sharing untensils, crowded places, sneeze into the crook of your elbow. Keep kitchen utensils very clean. And take some Emergen-C. Do you have that there?…Take one of those everyday.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Dutchess County, NY! - June 22nd, 2018
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016