Remember last week when we looked at some of Parlour’s favorite African designers? It seems that there was a full-swing celebration of decadence and celebration at South Africa Fashion Week going on. Reuters Sandiso Ngubane notices how South African designers are infusing more culturally rich textures and patterns with European lines and sensibilities. This flies in direct opposition of the economic slowdown that is being felt all over the world, South Africa included. Read more here. Above, check out Machere’s Fall 2009 collection, shown at the Audi Jo’burg fashion week earlier this year, it was inspired by the church…fabulous!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016