Remember last week when we looked at some of Parlour’s favorite African designers? It seems that there was a full-swing celebration of decadence and celebration at South Africa Fashion Week going on. Reuters Sandiso Ngubane notices how South African designers are infusing more culturally rich textures and patterns with European lines and sensibilities. This flies in direct opposition of the economic slowdown that is being felt all over the world, South Africa included. Read more here. Above, check out Machere’s Fall 2009 collection, shown at the Audi Jo’burg fashion week earlier this year, it was inspired by the church…fabulous!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017