A Saudi man has made technology history as being the first person to legally divorce his wifeâ€”via text message. According the Sharia (Islamic) law, which is practiced in Saudi Arabia, a man can divorce his wife by saying “I Divorce You”, three times. Only this time, it was upheld that you don’t exactly have to be in the same room to do the deed. He did have the sense to follow up with a phone call to relatives but after pressing ‘send’ he was officially a free agent again. I guess this takes drunk dialing in Saudi Arabia to an entirely different level.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016