It’s official, summer is here. Which means summer weekends are here. Which means….it’s bbq season! Over the holiday weekend, our fabulous foodie Nichelle and I decided to get with our good friend Chris for a classic backyard Brooklyn bbq set. While she whipped up some slamming baked beans, potato salad and chicken, I was in charge of the beef and my classic “5-Minute” summer corn salad. This dish never disappoints, is veggie/vegan friendly and can be prepared faster than it will take you to pick out your dress.
The “5 Minute” Summer Salad
– 3 Cans of Whole Kernel Corn
– 2 cartons of Grape Tomatoes
– 1 Bottle of Italian Dressing (or any other to your liking)
– 2 Regular-sized cucumbers
– 1 Large White Onion
Start with chopping and dicing onion and cucumbers, and cutting tomatoes in halves, then set to the side. Open, drain and empty cans of corn into large serving bowl and then add veggies. Take bottle of salad dressing (or oil & vinegar) and add to your taste preference. The great thing about this salad is that it can work with a variety of veggies (red peppers, zucchini) and when topped with cubed or crumbled feta cheese, its a good, healthy way to balance out all of those hot dogs.
Serves 9-12 non-greedy people
Remix it and tell us how yours turns out!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016