Studying photography in college, I had many influences but only four idols: Gordon Parks, Chester Higgins, Carrie Mae Weems and Richard Avedon. While I’ve been lucky to meet Gordon (he rested his hand a little low on the hip when we took a photoâ€”I loved it, lol) and Weems, I never got a chance to meet the man behind some of the greatest images in fashion, Avedon. Luckily for me and other fashion-artnistas, the International Center for Photography, or ICP, in NYC is hosting a retrospective of some of his most beloved fashion images, often featuring a host of legendary names. The show, Avedon Fashion: 1944-2000 opens on May 15th and runs until September, so take your time, but don’t miss it.
ps, how hot is Nadja Auermann in this photo? I miss the supermodel era….sigh.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016