Octavia Saint Laurent Mizrahi, the original Amanda Lepore in many eyes, passed last Monday after a bout with cancer and was laid to rest here in NYC yesterday. I was supposed to go to the funeral, but a mean resaca and a lack of chic funeral gear grounded moi. Octavia, who I still can’t believe was transgendered, was made famous by her appearance in the legendary documentary, Paris is Burning and will forever be missed.Â Peep her film debut and one of her legendary ball appearances after the jump. Absolut Realness.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016