Octavia Saint Laurent Mizrahi, the original Amanda Lepore in many eyes, passed last Monday after a bout with cancer and was laid to rest here in NYC yesterday. I was supposed to go to the funeral, but a mean resaca and a lack of chic funeral gear grounded moi. Octavia, who I still can’t believe was transgendered, was made famous by her appearance in the legendary documentary, Paris is Burning and will forever be missed.Â Peep her film debut and one of her legendary ball appearances after the jump. Absolut Realness.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016