Octavia Saint Laurent Mizrahi, the original Amanda Lepore in many eyes, passed last Monday after a bout with cancer and was laid to rest here in NYC yesterday. I was supposed to go to the funeral, but a mean resaca and a lack of chic funeral gear grounded moi. Octavia, who I still can’t believe was transgendered, was made famous by her appearance in the legendary documentary, Paris is Burning and will forever be missed.Â Peep her film debut and one of her legendary ball appearances after the jump. Absolut Realness.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016