Octavia Saint Laurent Mizrahi, the original Amanda Lepore in many eyes, passed last Monday after a bout with cancer and was laid to rest here in NYC yesterday. I was supposed to go to the funeral, but a mean resaca and a lack of chic funeral gear grounded moi. Octavia, who I still can’t believe was transgendered, was made famous by her appearance in the legendary documentary, Paris is Burning and will forever be missed.Â Peep her film debut and one of her legendary ball appearances after the jump. Absolut Realness.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017