I remember having a conversation with one of my fave writers, dream hampton, and we were talking about the personalities of the artists in this thing we call music. She said something like ‘these artists have always been crazy, like dudes like Sam Cooke, he was a crazy muthafucka. It’s just what the public got to see was him all pulled together but back stage…’ I thought about it, and I had to agree with her, kinda like looking at Billie Holiday or Josephine Baker’s careers. Clearly, both of those chicks were off their rockers, but we love them anyway, don’t we. So in support of the crazy, here’s Sam Cooke for this week’s throwback, the Gospel singer-turned-secular sex god of the 1950s.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015
- Couple Tripping: Where to Turn Down Together, for Your Sanity - March 26th, 2015