For most people, two things that probably land in their list of “most annoying things” are 1) too many emails 2) realizing that half of the emails are bullshit. So while most companies send out releases on new wares with nice, drama free links to look-books, sites, and things we would consider rocking or buying, DoubleDown NYC loves to me emails that have been full of consistent fashion fails. The latest being their streetwear homage to the 80’s…notably the crack epidemic.
With an accompanying press release titled “Crack is Back (In Fashion)!”, DDNYC wants to take you back to the days of shell-tops, Cazals and furry Kangols with a polo shirt with a crack vial (complete with rocks) on the spot normally reserved for a little man on a horse. Polo-how original, Crack-how…not okay. Does the shirt come with an addiction, foreclosed house, stench-ridden clothes and 5-dolla blow-jobs in alleys? That is the crack most of us old enough to remember without the aid of movies and books know. After reading the release I jumped to another blog that stated that DDNYC was on some “Nino Brown shit”…and we are aspiring to rock mustard-yellow suits, fuck over your friends and die in courthouses now-that’s vintage!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017