For most people, two things that probably land in their list of “most annoying things” are 1) too many emails 2) realizing that half of the emails are bullshit. So while most companies send out releases on new wares with nice, drama free links to look-books, sites, and things we would consider rocking or buying, DoubleDown NYC loves to me emails that have been full of consistent fashion fails. The latest being their streetwear homage to the 80’s…notably the crack epidemic.
With an accompanying press release titled “Crack is Back (In Fashion)!”, DDNYC wants to take you back to the days of shell-tops, Cazals and furry Kangols with a polo shirt with a crack vial (complete with rocks) on the spot normally reserved for a little man on a horse. Polo-how original, Crack-how…not okay. Does the shirt come with an addiction, foreclosed house, stench-ridden clothes and 5-dolla blow-jobs in alleys? That is the crack most of us old enough to remember without the aid of movies and books know. After reading the release I jumped to another blog that stated that DDNYC was on some “Nino Brown shit”…and we are aspiring to rock mustard-yellow suits, fuck over your friends and die in courthouses now-that’s vintage!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016