“The Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Arts (MoCADA) and the Museum for African Art are proud to present Perspectives: Women, Art and Islam, an exhibition of five female artists whose major connection is their personal relationship with Islam. Perspectives, curated by Kimberli Gant and Lisa Binder, will be on view at MoCADA, 80 Hanson Place in Fort Greene, Brooklyn, from June 4 – September 13, 2009, and is presented in conjunction with Muslim Voices: Arts and Ideas, a multi-institutional celebration of the extraordinary range of artistic expression in the Muslim world.”
The show features Brooklyn girl and HU homie Nsenga Knight in addition to four other fab women. See you at the opening reception this Thursday, June 4th @ 7pm! For more info jump to MoCADA.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016