In sad news, Ola Hudson, mother of famed Guns N Roses guitarist, Slash aka Anthony Hudson, has died recently. Ola was a famed costume designer who worked with David Bowie, John Lennon and Ringo Star way back when. And from the images I found of her online, she was an original Parlourista. From Reuters:
“In a Twitter message late on Monday, Slash said he was back in the studio working on a solo project, â€œbut Iâ€™m having a hard time concentrating.â€
His mother dated Bowie after her marriage broke up in the mid-1970s. â€I really didnâ€™t like him that much, because he was the new guy in the house,â€ Slash said of Bowie in a 1990 interview with Rolling Stone magazine. â€œI was really resentful.â€
Look at that Dewars Ad – can we say WOW? RIP Ola!
left: Slash w/ his parents – Anthony & OlaÂ right: Ola in a Dewars Ad from the 70’s
ps. What do you MEAN you didn’t know Slash was mixed? Le Sigh.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017