In sad news, Ola Hudson, mother of famed Guns N Roses guitarist, Slash aka Anthony Hudson, has died recently. Ola was a famed costume designer who worked with David Bowie, John Lennon and Ringo Star way back when. And from the images I found of her online, she was an original Parlourista. From Reuters:
“In a Twitter message late on Monday, Slash said he was back in the studio working on a solo project, â€œbut Iâ€™m having a hard time concentrating.â€
His mother dated Bowie after her marriage broke up in the mid-1970s. â€I really didnâ€™t like him that much, because he was the new guy in the house,â€ Slash said of Bowie in a 1990 interview with Rolling Stone magazine. â€œI was really resentful.â€
Look at that Dewars Ad – can we say WOW? RIP Ola!
left: Slash w/ his parents – Anthony & OlaÂ right: Ola in a Dewars Ad from the 70’s
ps. What do you MEAN you didn’t know Slash was mixed? Le Sigh.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016