If there is a sector of Brazilian fashion that attracts female attention around the world it is the swimwear industry.Â The Brazilian bikini, a symbol of sensuality and beauty, has become one of Brazil’s largest exports.
It was introduced in the 1950’s, when Brazilian stars like Carmen Veronica and Norma Tamar helped to make them famous.Â They would dress in their favorite two piece and join the crowds in the sands in front of Rio’s Copacabana Palace.Â Later,Â the masses took hold and the rest, as they say, is history.
The 1970’s introduced the famous thong and before long, it too conquered the world. The 1980’s brought the â€œenroladinhoâ€, the â€œhang-gliderâ€ bikini and the â€œcurtainâ€ top. Â And just when we thought it could not get skimpier, we introduced the â€œbeat-toothâ€ wire.Â In the 1990’s, the Brazilian swimwear industry expanded to include colorful bags, slippers, sunglasses, hats, towels and â€œCangasâ€.
To pay homage to the beauty and tradition of the Brazilian bikini, we salute some of Brazil’s most famous designers:
Amir Slama (Rosa ChÃ¡ – http://www.rosacha.com.br/)
Liana Thomaz (Ãgua de CÃ´co – http://www.aguadecoco.com.br)
Paola Robba (Poko Pano – http://www.pokopano.com.br/)
Blue Man (http://www.blueman.com.br/).
Check them out below.
Read more from Brasilerinha on her blog Lucianasabbag
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The #TravelFly Solo Weekend 2017! - November 28th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Delta Tracks Your Luggage and Uber Will Help You Vote - November 7th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Trump Hotel D.C. Opens Like You'll Really Stay There, LOL & More! - October 31st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Kanye Can't Save Chicago and How to Cuddle Abroad - October 24th, 2016
- Travel Seven: Tenicka Boyd - October 12th, 2016