Jack PeÃ±ateâ€™s shaping up to be a great new act on the indie music scene over here (although Iâ€™m a tad biased: I spent a lot of my teenage years getting drunk on cider at house parties with Jackâ€™s brother). His second album Everything Is New is due out here on 22nd June. Itâ€™s got a totally different sound: heâ€™s using influences from people like Dr John, Fela Kuti, Gilberto Gil and Os Mutantes. The first single from that album Tonightâ€™s Today. Itâ€™s perfect for listening to on a hot day with the shoes kicked off, the BBQ on the go and a fat cocktail at the ready. Mmmâ€¦. Jackâ€™s playing in New York this week. So catch him if you can!
Last 5 posts by Miss London
- Colombia Isn't The Cocaine Capital You Recall: Passport! - May 18th, 2012
- London Riots: You Can Try to Destroy Us, But London Will Survive - August 10th, 2011
- What Tinie Tempah's Success Means For UK Black Music - March 14th, 2011
- Inter-racial Adoption: Yes Or No? I (Unpopularly) Say Yes - March 3rd, 2011
- Nelly Furtado, NOW You Read About Gaddafi? And You, Beyonce? - March 1st, 2011