Don’t know about you, but I watch what’s happening on the African continent and I have to say that between Zimbabwe’s Mugabe Cholera epidemic and a woman having to start a savior program for little girls who’ve been raped because some idiot thinks their virginity will cure their HIV diagnosis, I just don’t want to know sometimes. However, reading my twits this morning BBC hit me with this news and I smiled. Praise the Lord! (c) my Granny:
“South Africa’s HIV epidemic has leveled off at an infection rate of 10.9% for those aged two or older, according to a new study.
The study says there are signs that the rate of infections in children and teenagers is falling.
The Human Sciences Research Council survey said increasing use of condoms had helped produce the drop in new infections among the young.
South Africa has the highest rate of HIV infection in the world.
Women aged between 20 and 34 are the worst affected, with 33% carrying HIV.
Olive Shisana, an author of the study released on Tuesday, said there were “promising findings of a changing pattern of HIV infection among children and youth”.
“The good news is that the change in HIV prevalence in children is most likely attributable to the successful implementation of several HIV-prevention interventions,” she said”
YES! That is all.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015