She’s big, she’s loud, puts the “lll” in lesbian and she quite possibly has one of the dopest singing voices ever – she’s Beth Ditto from The Gossip and she also has a new clothing line with UK store Evans:
â€œDittoâ€™s latest positive action â€“ other than Gossipâ€™s recently released fourth album, Music for Men â€“ is a clothing collection for Evans, in sizes 14 to 32. It launches on Thursday in the Marble Arch flagship and 16 branches. It is a bold move for the neglected plus-size market, putting the Arcadia boss, Sir Philip Green, who owns Evans, ahead of the fash-pack once again.
Ditto has been collaborating with Evansâ€™s head of design, Lisa Marie Peacock, for several months, supplying sketch books and a suitcase of vintage and charity shop clothes collected in Miami and Portland, Oregon, where she lives with her cat, Rhoda.
She has taken inspiration from Blondie, The Slits, Grace Jones, Mama Cass of the Mamas and Papas, the Bauhaus and Art deco movements and drag queens.”
We’re always down for anything involving drag queens. See the line and read more here.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016