She’s big, she’s loud, puts the “lll” in lesbian and she quite possibly has one of the dopest singing voices ever – she’s Beth Ditto from The Gossip and she also has a new clothing line with UK store Evans:
â€œDittoâ€™s latest positive action â€“ other than Gossipâ€™s recently released fourth album, Music for Men â€“ is a clothing collection for Evans, in sizes 14 to 32. It launches on Thursday in the Marble Arch flagship and 16 branches. It is a bold move for the neglected plus-size market, putting the Arcadia boss, Sir Philip Green, who owns Evans, ahead of the fash-pack once again.
Ditto has been collaborating with Evansâ€™s head of design, Lisa Marie Peacock, for several months, supplying sketch books and a suitcase of vintage and charity shop clothes collected in Miami and Portland, Oregon, where she lives with her cat, Rhoda.
She has taken inspiration from Blondie, The Slits, Grace Jones, Mama Cass of the Mamas and Papas, the Bauhaus and Art deco movements and drag queens.”
We’re always down for anything involving drag queens. See the line and read more here.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016