Whoa. In India, being a homosexual was illegal until now:
“The ruling on Thursday overturns a 148-year-old colonial law which describes a same-sex relationship as an “unnatural offence”……Homosexual acts were punishable by a 10-year prison sentence.”
Interesting, since this is the same country in which a dedicated religious festival for transsexuals attracts over 50,000 people each year. Consider Bollywood, Mumbai pride is going to be awesome.
Read more over at BBC.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016