Whoa. In India, being a homosexual was illegal until now:
“The ruling on Thursday overturns a 148-year-old colonial law which describes a same-sex relationship as an “unnatural offence”……Homosexual acts were punishable by a 10-year prison sentence.”
Interesting, since this is the same country in which a dedicated religious festival for transsexuals attracts over 50,000 people each year. Consider Bollywood, Mumbai pride is going to be awesome.
Read more over at BBC.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016