Whoa. In India, being a homosexual was illegal until now:
“The ruling on Thursday overturns a 148-year-old colonial law which describes a same-sex relationship as an “unnatural offence”……Homosexual acts were punishable by a 10-year prison sentence.”
Interesting, since this is the same country in which a dedicated religious festival for transsexuals attracts over 50,000 people each year. Consider Bollywood, Mumbai pride is going to be awesome.
Read more over at BBC.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016