These boys are JLS (stands for “Jack The Lad Swing”). They came 2nd in last year’s “X Factor” final, and their debut single “Beat Again” (video after the jump) is currently no.1 on the UK charts. Thing is, the lyrics are crap and the dancing is dodgy. But I really like the song!
I don’t why, but I do. My friends think I’m crazy, and keep taking the piss. But I’m standing strong. Maybe it’s because they’re South Londoners, maybe it’s because there hasn’t been a successful black boy band in the UK for about 15 years, maybe it’s because they’re cute. I dunno, but I’M A JLS FAN AND I’M PROUD! (just don’t tell anyone …)
Last 5 posts by Miss London
- Colombia Isn't The Cocaine Capital You Recall: Passport! - May 18th, 2012
- London Riots: You Can Try to Destroy Us, But London Will Survive - August 10th, 2011
- What Tinie Tempah's Success Means For UK Black Music - March 14th, 2011
- Inter-racial Adoption: Yes Or No? I (Unpopularly) Say Yes - March 3rd, 2011
- Nelly Furtado, NOW You Read About Gaddafi? And You, Beyonce? - March 1st, 2011