Sooo, other than a gazillion BBQ’s…take advantage of your (hopefully) 1/2 day today to get into some trouble, of the good kind that is. PS. We are OUT – see ya Monday!
Friday, July 3rd
Hoods to Woods (trailer above) & Favela Rising @ BAM
From Brooklyn to Brasil, the Afro Punk festival kicks off with a viewing of 2 great independent films that will take you from the streets of Bed Stuy, to the mountains of South America, and then land in the favelas of Rio.
Barkley L. Hendricks: Birth of the Cool: Paintings, 1964-2007
Remember when we told you about Barkley Hendricks? Go check out his work for yourself over at the santa Monica Museum of Art and get some art+soul.
Cream of Beat, Reunion 2009
Ok. One night, pre-1996 olk school tunes, and about 10 great Bay Area DJs with a score to settle. It’s kinda like 5 parties in one night. Wear sneakers, this is not the night to stilleto it out…plus parking around Mighty can be a biotch.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017