So while in Spain, I look forward to two things daily. Lunch & Dinner. At first I had to get used to the different hours in which they are served. Here, lunch is commonly served around 2-4pm and afterwards, its time for a siesta. Afterwards you may have a light snack, but then its on to dinner…around 10:30pm. Luckily, most of the food is fresh and light, although if you are lactose-intolerant or dislike olive oil, I wouldn’t suggest Spain for a culinary tour. After eating my way through Madrid, we arrived in the coastal city of Valencia ready for some paella, which is where the dish was created. But first, we are invited to the lovely home of friends, MarÃa JosÃ©, her husband Carles & their cat Nacha for dinner and I fell in love with this salad, and invite you to do the same. Bonusâ€”it’s SUPER easy and fast to prepare.–
Serves 4 People
â€¢Â 12-14oz. of Bowtie or Rotini Pasta (boiled and ready to serve)
â€¢Â 1/2 lb ofÂ Boiled Prawns
â€¢Â 1/4lb of sliced, boiled octopus (optional)
â€¢Â Medium-sized lemon
â€¢Â Olive Oil
â€¢Â 5 Cloves of Garlic (sliced)
To be served on the side: Smoked Salmon & Sliced Avocado
1. Combined the boiled pasta with salt and a tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Peel the shrimp. In a saucepan, combine the shrimp, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute for 1 minute, sprinkling with lemon.
3. In the same pan, on medium heat, add more olive oil and the garlic. Saute and be careful not to burn, while adding a large tablesp0on of basil and teaspoon of rosemary.
4. Add the sliced octopus
5. Combine everything and refrigerate until time to serve.
Serve with a nice glass of vino blanco, jazz and great company.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016