I’m a writer, obviously, and the tricky thing about my job is alot of the job is self encouragement and self-starting. And the weird thing about that is I always have a voice that says, ‘Yeah, right, you suck. No one’s going to read this you know … ‘ and I have to beat it back, or call my mother or Granny for a pep talk.
So in between pep talks, a buddy @lyneka sent me a talk by Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love which I’m reading right now (would’ve been done but I had to break for the last Harry Potter book, don’t judge me), and it made me feel so much better about life, creativity and dogged determination.
Best part = “Don’t be afraid … just do your job, continue to show up for your piece of it, whatever that may be. If your job is to dance, do your dance. If the divine cockeyed genius assigned to your case decides to let some sort of wonderment be glimpsed for one moment through your efforts, then Olé. And if not, do your dance anyhow.”
Enjoy after the jump!
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015