Don’t know about you, but sometimes, I’m just in the mooooood for some “Law & Order: SVU.” The detectives get together and give me closure in 55 minutes no matter what kind of day I’ve had. But I’ve never thought to solve a crime with the mindless TV watching I do on my couch. Fortunately, someone else did, check this out:
Who says television is bad for you?
Justine Faeth’s favorite show is Law & Order Special Victims Unit. The Manhattan office assistant recently used sleuthing skills she picked up from the show to help police catch a man accused of a string of robberies.
The suspect walked into the production company where Faeth works. Police say he stole an employee’s purse, an iPod and a wallet.
Before leaving, he drank water and blew his nose. Faeth saved the cup and tissue. Investigators used DNA samples from the items to track down and arrest a suspect.
On Thursday, Faeth appeared on NBC’s “Today” show. Actress Mariska Hargitay, who plays a “Law & Order” detective, called in to express her “awe.” They even discussed the possibility of Faeth doing a walk-on.
I love it.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015