I can’t imagine I’m the only one who doesn’t care what A-Fraud said to you in the elevator, or that you got to sit in Legends seats on your day off, or that you don’t eat condiments with any meal. What I do care about is who’s on first, and whatever news comes across that affects the team.
He’s like that guy who was a nerd all through school and made it into a position of some prominence, but that wasn’t enough. He now needs to spend every waking hour “proving” he belongs, and in the process makes himself look like exactly what the kids pegged him as so many years ago-a social outcast.
The other night he asked an ex player who had gone up to Toronto for a reunion which of his former teammates looked the worst. O RLY? What does this have to do with the Yankees? Why do you care who looks bad? Not like he will be winning any Mr. Sexy awards anytime soon. It bothered me so much I think it became the straw that broke the Sportie’s back. I’ll be watching the games on mute from now on, because listening to his useless banter will send me over the edge, and I don’t think they show sports at Creedmoor.
Like Teritaâ€™s take on sports? Tired of people assuming that women arenâ€™t die hard sports fans? Or maybe youâ€™re using this column to make sure your bfâ€™s weekly sports obsession doesnâ€™t completely put you to sleep and you can make conversation? Either way, read the rest of Teritaâ€™s Sportie rundown below.
Last 5 posts by Sportie
- Why Reggie Bush Losing the Heisman Trophy is Ridiculous - September 8th, 2010
- From Haynesworth to Ocho Cinco and Terrell Owens, Sometimes the NFL Justâ€¦ - August 5th, 2010
- Bob Sheppard & George Steinbrenner Passing Marks New Era for NY Yankees - July 14th, 2010
- How Steeler Ben Roethlisberger is Making Female Football Fans Choose - April 15th, 2010
- Basketball Trades and McGrady: 'No Garden For Bad Knees' - February 26th, 2010