Having just returned from Madrid, I was pretty wistful when I heard that I would miss their S/S 2010 fashion week this week. Looking at the latest collection from Carlos Diez, I’m pretty happy that I wasn’t there, since this brown girl got pretty worked up over his runway showâ€”it’s not just the clothes that are bad. I’m all for creativity in fashion, but blackface is never a good idea, even if you didn’t mean it to be, even if the models strangely remind me of George Hamilton, still not a good idea. The real question for me is why he would ever think this was ok? Beyond distasteful, the collection itself is a bad “Brady Bunch” trip on fabric. I wonder if he ever plans on showing in New York? We prefer our faces their natural color and hairpieces on our heads, not t-shirts. Thoughts ladies?
More Madrid & India/Lakme fashion week to come!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016