Hey ladies!!! Sorry it’s been a few since I shared my FOODIE adventures, a culinary experiment I started around March because all of my meals tasted the same (of Lawry’s, to be honest…), but your girl’s been busy! And when I’m busy, I’m afraid I cook my staples; baked chicken, fish, spaghetti, etc…however, last Friday, I had some chicken breast in my fridge and decided to get funky with it.
I wanted to make something new but quick so I googled pan-seared chicken because that’s supposed to be fast, right? I found this recipe Pan-Seared Chicken with Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes paired it with this recipe Salad with Goat Cheese, Beets and Walnuts and got down to business.
My tweaks & thoughts after the jump…
My guest liked the chicken with the combination of the mashed potatoes and salad, but I was less than thrilled. I suggest cooking the chicken for a shorter period of time so that the meat stays moist…mine was a bit dry. Also, add more salt and get creative with the seasonings because the marinade the chicken recipe suggests, which I let soak for about one day, wasn’t as flavorful as I would’ve liked.
On the other hand, the goat cheese mashed potatoes were tasty, but I suggest using only about 1/4 of an onion, instead of a whole.
What new recipes have you made lately?
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015