As promised, the final component of the three-part MAC Make-Up Art Cosmetics line, where MAC Cosmetics teamed up with three notable artists and asked them to create works of arts inspired by some of the new products and shades for Fall ’09. Out of the three product ranges within the collection, the Fall ’09 As Seen By Maira Kalman, whose work is shown at left, is my favorite hands-down â€” the colors are bolder than what you’d find in a Crayola emporium and, as you gaze at them, you feel like you’re peaking inside the illustrator’s tool box.
I could only swatch the Colour Matters Technakohl Liner, a bright lime green hue, and the pink Maira’s Mood eye shadow, but I can tell you that when I saw the colors at the launch event, I was eyeballing the Purple Shower, Violet Trance and Off the Page shadows extra hard (as well as the Full of Fuchsia Technakohl Liner). I was so excited while swatching the Maira’s Mood eye shadow because it reminded me of the hues I see when I take my toddler son outside and we make drawing on the sidewalk using jumbo-sized colored chalk. That’s the whole feel of this collection â€” playful, fun and full of life.
MAC “Haunting” (left) & “Crest the Wave”Â Eye Shadow, $14. Available at MAC Cosmetics
MAC “Purple Shower” (left) & “Violet Trance”(right) Eye Shadow, $14. Available at MAC Cosmetics
MAC “Maira’s Mood” Eye Shadow, $14. Available at MACcosmetics.com
Peep the rest at SickathanAverage.com!
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The #TravelFly Solo Weekend 2017! - November 28th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Delta Tracks Your Luggage and Uber Will Help You Vote - November 7th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Trump Hotel D.C. Opens Like You'll Really Stay There, LOL & More! - October 31st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Kanye Can't Save Chicago and How to Cuddle Abroad - October 24th, 2016
- Travel Seven: Tenicka Boyd - October 12th, 2016