This is the second installment of MAC’s Make-Up Art Cosmetics collection, in which the beloved cosmetics brand collaborate with three artists to create works of arts inspired by some of their beauty offerings for fall. As you can probably tell from the photo on the left, the products assigned to Marilyn Minter all have plenty of sparkle and drama: festive glitters and shimmering pigments in metallic hues (rust, copper, gold, etc.) and bold magenta, purple and plum hues.
From an artistic perspective, I find this to be the most compelling work out of the three â€” like, if this photo were hanging on my wall, my eyes would constantly gravitate to it, as I find it to be an astonishing example of how to perfectly manipulate color and light. In terms of the products though, I find that the glitter is quite messy (but then, when is glitter NOT messy, right?) and so I wouldn’t resort to it unless I was trying to create a really dramatic, Ziggy Stardust-esque look.
MAC Reflects Glitter in Copper (left) and Rust (right), $19.50. Visit MAC Cosmetics
MAC Glitter in Gold (left) and Fuchsia (right), $19.50. Visit MAC Cosmetics
Peep the rest at SickThanAverage.com!
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Travel Bites: LGBT Loving Locales, Embracing Strangers & More! - September 17th, 2016
- The Travel Seven: Bianca Malata - September 17th, 2016
- A Tour of Morocco's Magic - September 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Silk Road Eats, Vacation Home Tips & more! - September 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Ecuador Needs The Love, Avoiding Vacay Gains & More! - August 7th, 2016