This morning, in a post CMJ show-crawl haze, I found myself in my bathroom thoroughly engrossed in New York Magazine’s feature on the pro’s and cons of circumcision for boys. Maybe because every show I went to was a typical hip-hop “sausage fest,” I found myself going over my mental image history of every penis I have encountered and wondered what the fuss was about. I always understood it to be a hygiene and religious thing, but some label the practice as horrific and barbaric as female genital mutilationâ€”also known as female circumcision. While I think that the comparison is a little extreme, there is a growing number of American parents who are turning away from the practice. I’ve only seen one “uncut” penis in my life and I admit I was a little…intrigued. What are your thoughts ladies (and gents!)? Any hot mammas out there care to share their experience with their sons? Should our little girls get ready for more foreskin on the scene?
Image: Hannah Whitaker/New York Magazine
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016