Footwear designer Chie Mihara‘s Fall/Winter 2009 collection conjures up images of period pieces and romances set in Victorian times with its cascading ribbon details and lush fur trims. The Chie Mihara Atame Oxford, for example, features a curved 3″ heel and a 1/2″ platform, with a schoolgirl-esque prim grosgrain ribbon detail along the front (pictured after the jump). The Ayoi bootie, above, features a similar ribbon trim along the back, for a dramatic but even more ladylike effect. Every time I look at this boot, I think of that spectacular Victorian-inspired dress that Project Runway Season 6 candidate Christopher Straub created for a Hollywood-centric costume challenge (I think most of us viewers will agree that he was robbed of the prize for that challenge).
The Kashba ankle boots, with their fur trim and ornate embroidery, meanwhile, remind me of The Lion in the Winter. But perhaps my favorite style in the collection is the “Kaira” embellished pump, with its round toe featuring wing-like back embroidery and black Swarovski crystal decoration, as well as the removable fur trim that wraps around the ankle.
Though the collection also includes more eclectic, futuristic pieces, such as metallic blue ankle boots with space-like grooves, there’s a romance and nostalgia attached to these pieces that actually makes me yearn for a wintry wonderland.
Chie Mihara Atame Oxford, $380. Visit Piperlime.com
Chie Mihara Kaira Embellished Suede Pump, $416. Visit Footlux.com
Peep the rest at Sickathanaverage.com!
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The Travel Seven: Elmeka Henderson - December 6th, 2016
- The #TravelFly Solo Weekend 2017! - November 28th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Delta Tracks Your Luggage and Uber Will Help You Vote - November 7th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Trump Hotel D.C. Opens Like You'll Really Stay There, LOL & More! - October 31st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Kanye Can't Save Chicago and How to Cuddle Abroad - October 24th, 2016