According to Variety, Oscar and Grammy-winning star Jennifer Hudson has signed on to play the complex South African political figure Winnie Mandela.
Winnie, which starts filming in South African in May 2010 will be directed by Darrell J. Roodt who hasÂ directed South African films like Yesterday, Cry The Beloved Country and Sarafina!
Winnie Mandela is a polarizing figure known for her strong support for then-jailed husband Nelson Mandela and the struggle against apartheid. However she has been implicated in the death of a 14-year-old informant and was convicted of fraud in 2003.
Peep the rest at AfriPop!
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The Travel Seven: Elmeka Henderson - December 6th, 2016
- The #TravelFly Solo Weekend 2017! - November 28th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Delta Tracks Your Luggage and Uber Will Help You Vote - November 7th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Trump Hotel D.C. Opens Like You'll Really Stay There, LOL & More! - October 31st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Kanye Can't Save Chicago and How to Cuddle Abroad - October 24th, 2016