Yes, you read that correctly. JBakes aim’d me with this tidbit and we both screeched. High end contemporary chain Barneys is preparing to open a shop in Brooklyn’s Cobble Hill. While the neighborhood isn’t Bed-Stuy (SHOUT OUT!!!), it’s not Manhattan anymore either.
â€œWe’re cautiously optimistic compared with last year,â€ says Michael Celestino, executive vice president of store operations at Barneys told Crains…â€œThey have to be careful,â€ says Michael Appel, president of retail consulting firm Quest Turnaround Advisors. â€œI don’t know if there are enough of those high-end luxury-forward customers out there.â€
I’m assuming this gem may beginning construction in 2010.
What does this mean for our beloved BK? Does this make you feel more cosmopolitan or more distastefully commercial?
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Dutchess County, NY! - June 22nd, 2018
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016