Yes, you read that correctly. JBakes aim’d me with this tidbit and we both screeched. High end contemporary chain Barneys is preparing to open a shop in Brooklyn’s Cobble Hill. While the neighborhood isn’t Bed-Stuy (SHOUT OUT!!!), it’s not Manhattan anymore either.
â€œWe’re cautiously optimistic compared with last year,â€ says Michael Celestino, executive vice president of store operations at Barneys told Crains…â€œThey have to be careful,â€ says Michael Appel, president of retail consulting firm Quest Turnaround Advisors. â€œI don’t know if there are enough of those high-end luxury-forward customers out there.â€
I’m assuming this gem may beginning construction in 2010.
What does this mean for our beloved BK? Does this make you feel more cosmopolitan or more distastefully commercial?
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015