I know this recipe sounds random but I’ve had a rough couple of weeks. I lost my desire to cook ladies…it was THAT serious. But while locking myself in my apartment and watching my Food Network girls Giada and Ina, I saw these recipes. Of course, the roasted peppers were supposed to be sun-dried tomatoes but I couldn’t find that in my hood. Thanks Bed-Stuy. But the roasted peppers were fine. Peep the recipes below. My tasters loved it…and preparing the dishes made me feel better.
Chicken with Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomatoes: All of the goat cheese in Bed-Stuy hid from me, so I copped regular version and spiced it up with oregano, rosemary, thyme and a bay leaf. I wouldn’t do the bay leaf again…it gave the chicken a tart taste that I personally didn’t love, though my tasters didn’t mind.
Tagliarelle with Truffle Butter: I replaced the white truffle butter (where do you buy that anyway!?! Fairway, I’ve heard…) with marsala wine. Truffles are mushrooms, so I substituted marsala wine since it has a savory flavor and I think that’s what the recipe is aiming for.
Roasted Carrots: These are easiest…
Let me know how yours works out!
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015