After getting our buzz on to the house beats spun by the DJ downstairs, we said hasta pronto to our bi-lingual bartender and took the ascensor straight to Eclipse, the glamorous high-rise bar on the 26th floor. Literally all jaws dropped as we exited the elevator taking in the stunning 360Âº view of the city. The pleasure continued through the evening as amiga and I were pleasantly surprised with the mature-ish well-dressed crowd, the absence of bad electronic music that was replaced with bumpinâ€™ house music and the banishment of smokers to their own fumador section. Bravo W!
Other BCN hotel bars worth mentioning….
- Hotel Omm is one of the first boutique hotels in Barcelona located just off the prestigious Paseo de Gracia. The lobby bar on any given night is a sure bet for people watching and drankinâ€™.
- Hotel ME, a boutique hotel from the Sol Melia Hotel & Resort chain opened a Barcelona location last spring. They do a good job with creating a party atmosphere in their reception bar but the real fiesta takes place upstairs at the Chocolate Bar and Penthouse Pool Bar. It held my attention for a while for its aesthetic but itâ€™s a far trek to the other side of the city and it canâ€™t compete with the smoke-free Eclipse.
- Hotel Pulitzer has an elegant and classic vibe ideal for an after-work drink with a girlfriend. In the summer they open up their terrace bar and on certain nights have live jazz and samba bands perform. Itâ€™s a favorite of mine en verano.
Last 5 posts by Espana Fly
- Canonâ€™s Second Shot Gets Me Crying - December 15th, 2010
- On Break From Barcelona - December 8th, 2010
- Barcelona, The Pope, The Protests & Who Paid For It - November 17th, 2010
- Finally, A Little Recognition - October 28th, 2010
- Spain's Desperate Economy Calls for Desperate Measures - October 15th, 2010