Blame it on our mood and winter’s slower pace, but we are fans of Corinne Bailey Rae’s new LP “The Sea.” And not just because it’s the title of another of our favorite songs. The Brit songstress is kind of adorable, and we were struck by the sincerity of her first single, “I’d Do It All Again.” In fact, it made Steels tear up a bit. Why? Two years ago, Bailey Rae’s husband died of a drug overdose and, as she told the media:
â€œIâ€™m not familiar with that kind of shock that lasts all that amount of time. It just sort of takes ages to sink it. You feel it and then you donâ€™t feel it; you know whatâ€™s happened and then you donâ€™t really know what happened.â€
She mourned and healed through recording “The Sea” which made the collection starkly different from her first self-titled LP, outfitted with happy tracks like “Put Your Records On.” Today, “The Sea” hits shelves with a more somber, weathered groove that works not only for the weather, but also our mood.
Check out the clip for “I’d Do It All Again” here.
ps. She even plucks a bit of Jamiroquai’s “Everyday” to create her own “Closer”…heart.
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016
- Parlour Jams!: Hawaii's Golden Sunsets With DJ Darling Chuck - July 23rd, 2015
- Parlour Jams!: Morning Moves With DJ Heat - June 23rd, 2015
- Your Weekend Getaway in...Houston! - April 30th, 2015
- Listen to DJ Kwest_on's Romantic Grooves and Survive Wedding Season - April 14th, 2015