If there is one thing I know, it’s great mag covers…and hot bodies…and sweaters. In that order. So when I peeped the February cover of Essence, I went a little ole-lady ranty in my head, and not because Reggie Bush is the representative for the “Black Men, Love & Relationships” Issue. Not even because there is an issue called the “Black Men, Love & Relationships” Issue which is questionable in itself. Using licensed images of celebrities on magazine covers and inside them is nothing new, but it seems Essence took the term “re-purpose” by publishing a very well known image of Reggie that was taken by Michael Thompson for GQ Magazine in 2006. I remember this shoot…very well, as do most gay men in New York City. I surmise that mags are doing almost anything to stay afloat these days but we all don’t forget so easily. Or maybe Michael pulled an Annie Leibovitz on us?Â Seeing that Reggie’s original shoot was hot, there was much more to choose from, so Essence let yourself be great next time!!
(I may holla at that stomach workout though)
What do you think fam?
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016