If there is one thing I know, it’s great mag covers…and hot bodies…and sweaters. In that order. So when I peeped the February cover of Essence, I went a little ole-lady ranty in my head, and not because Reggie Bush is the representative for the “Black Men, Love & Relationships” Issue. Not even because there is an issue called the “Black Men, Love & Relationships” Issue which is questionable in itself. Using licensed images of celebrities on magazine covers and inside them is nothing new, but it seems Essence took the term “re-purpose” by publishing a very well known image of Reggie that was taken by Michael Thompson for GQ Magazine in 2006. I remember this shoot…very well, as do most gay men in New York City. I surmise that mags are doing almost anything to stay afloat these days but we all don’t forget so easily. Or maybe Michael pulled an Annie Leibovitz on us?Â Seeing that Reggie’s original shoot was hot, there was much more to choose from, so Essence let yourself be great next time!!
(I may holla at that stomach workout though)
What do you think fam?
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016