If there is one thing I know, it’s great mag covers…and hot bodies…and sweaters. In that order. So when I peeped the February cover of Essence, I went a little ole-lady ranty in my head, and not because Reggie Bush is the representative for the “Black Men, Love & Relationships” Issue. Not even because there is an issue called the “Black Men, Love & Relationships” Issue which is questionable in itself. Using licensed images of celebrities on magazine covers and inside them is nothing new, but it seems Essence took the term “re-purpose” by publishing a very well known image of Reggie that was taken by Michael Thompson for GQ Magazine in 2006. I remember this shoot…very well, as do most gay men in New York City. I surmise that mags are doing almost anything to stay afloat these days but we all don’t forget so easily. Or maybe Michael pulled an Annie Leibovitz on us?Â Seeing that Reggie’s original shoot was hot, there was much more to choose from, so Essence let yourself be great next time!!
(I may holla at that stomach workout though)
What do you think fam?
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016