Normally, when a large fashion label collaborates with a designer, it’s a gateway for discovery, innovation and style—or it falls flat. Sadly, the iconic Lacoste alligator has waded into the later territory. Peep the above product of Lacoste’s recent collaboration with Brazilian furniture designers Fernando and Humberto Campanas. Its a set of limited edition shirts that are only available online on Moss. While the craftmanship it takes to create a lace out of embroidered alligators is to be commended, I don’t think I will be rocking the “Creature from the Black Lagoon” look anytime soon, it would be fresh to see what the Campanas brothers could do with the Lacoste brand in the furniture world, which is what they may have wanted to do in the first place. Thoughts ladies?
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017
- Giving Back and Getting More in Batey Guajabo - February 7th, 2017
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Grenada! - January 22nd, 2017