For the longest time, I’ve tried to figure out the fashion industry’s obsession with 13 year oldÂ Tavi Gevinson. She initially got attention by her daring ‘far beyond her time’ outfits, but as far as I can see– it ends there? I mean, she hasn’t even finished High School or a formalized writing class- so I’m not sure if people are looking at her as a fashion authority or credible writer? Somehow, she has become a media darling & is now flown around the world to take meetings with Marc Jacobs / Rodarte /Galliano & etc. It kind of upsets me when things like this happen- because published/accredited writers/media get pushed out of fashion week shows so they can accommodate people like this! Well, I guessÂ my new heroÂ Sarah Mower from The Telegraph feels the same way. Â Check out what she has to say below!
â€œAt the Dior show, trying to fight my way backstage to get a quote from John Galliano, I nearly fell over a tiny, grey-haired woman who, from the back, I took to be a septuagenarian Japanese fashion fanatic, as she was dressed head-to-toe in Comme des GarÃ§ons. When she was ushered into the inner sanctum before me, and turned around, I saw, with a sick lurch, that it was actuallyÂ Tavi Gevinsonâ€¦Had I not been so busy trying to attract Gallianoâ€™s attention, I would have asked Mr Gevinson why he thought it was right to take his daughter out of school to go to haute couture shows, where she would be treated like a celebrity by paparazzi? Or why he thought it OK for her to model forÂ Pop andÂ Love magazines last year?â€ Sarah Mower / The Telegraph
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011