Incurable ASOS.com shopping addicts that we are, you can imagine how we received the news that theyâ€™re doing an African fashion line. ASOS Africa is an off-shoot of The Green Room,Â a line-up of fashion and beauty brands, ASOS.com own-label collections and a series of ASOS.com collaborations with artisans and small producer groups â€“ all with the aim of supporting social and environmental awareness.
ASOS Africa is a capsule collection of clothing and accessories designed, sourced and produced in collaboration with several small communities in Africa. It will offer contemporary silhouettes such as jumpsuits, playsuits, blazers and cropped trousers all re-worked using African Kangaâ€™s â€“ the vivid printed cottons traditionally worn throughout Eastern Africa â€“ as well as handmade leather accessories. ASOS Africaâ€™s Â clothing prices ranging from Â£15 -Â£75 and accessories from Â£18 -Â£32.
Its launch coincides with Fairtrade Fortnight, The Fairtrade Foundationâ€™s annual two week awareness campaign which this year runs from 22 Feb â€“ 7 March.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Travel Bites: LGBT Loving Locales, Embracing Strangers & More! - September 17th, 2016
- The Travel Seven: Bianca Malata - September 17th, 2016
- A Tour of Morocco's Magic - September 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Silk Road Eats, Vacation Home Tips & more! - September 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Ecuador Needs The Love, Avoiding Vacay Gains & More! - August 7th, 2016