Incurable ASOS.com shopping addicts that we are, you can imagine how we received the news that theyâ€™re doing an African fashion line. ASOS Africa is an off-shoot of The Green Room,Â a line-up of fashion and beauty brands, ASOS.com own-label collections and a series of ASOS.com collaborations with artisans and small producer groups â€“ all with the aim of supporting social and environmental awareness.
ASOS Africa is a capsule collection of clothing and accessories designed, sourced and produced in collaboration with several small communities in Africa. It will offer contemporary silhouettes such as jumpsuits, playsuits, blazers and cropped trousers all re-worked using African Kangaâ€™s â€“ the vivid printed cottons traditionally worn throughout Eastern Africa â€“ as well as handmade leather accessories. ASOS Africaâ€™s Â clothing prices ranging from Â£15 -Â£75 and accessories from Â£18 -Â£32.
Its launch coincides with Fairtrade Fortnight, The Fairtrade Foundationâ€™s annual two week awareness campaign which this year runs from 22 Feb â€“ 7 March.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The #TravelFly Solo Weekend 2017! - November 28th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Delta Tracks Your Luggage and Uber Will Help You Vote - November 7th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Trump Hotel D.C. Opens Like You'll Really Stay There, LOL & More! - October 31st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Kanye Can't Save Chicago and How to Cuddle Abroad - October 24th, 2016
- Travel Seven: Tenicka Boyd - October 12th, 2016