R&B singer Monica has parted ways with her fiancÃ© of two years Rocko, who is also a rapper and the father of her two young children. Through her Twitter account @MonicaMyLife today (March 11), the singer said the following:
“Thank you everyone for all the love your sending. @Rocko4Real is a great father and we will continue to love and parent our children . The rest is a private matter between @Rocko4Real and I. He is a good person. We all make mistakes. Even seperated we will always be family. I say thank you again to you all and as I live and learn I grow. Don’t feel sorry for me just pray for me. God’s got it. Have a great day…Again thank you for the love..Now I am totally finished with the subject. Have a beautiful day. Don’t let dissapointment stop you from striving.”
The singer didn’t specify exactly what drove the pair apart, but clearly stated the relationship is over and the duo will continue to collectively raise their children.
While we’re sad that Monica’s relationship is over, we’re a bit more confused by how we got the information. Twitter? Weird. Next people will be releasing statements on folks’ death via the 140 character social networking site. Baby’s? The fact that they don’t talk to anyone directly anymore unless it involves typing? Hm…
Do you think ending a relationship via Twitter is odd too?
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011