Let’s start with one of the first steps to 10 Minute Style by shedding some light on your closet.
When I say shed light, I mean the light of reality. Most people have a fantasy wardrobe packed away in their closets. These are the items that distract you and make you feel like you have nothing to wear. The goal is to create a wardrobe of wearables that make getting dressed stress-free, without forgoing personal style and confidence.
10 Minute Style technique #1: The Closet Makeover in six easy steps.
1. Choose two outfits you wear all the time and ask yourself why you like these outfits. Is it fit, comfort, color or the many compliments you get when you wear it? This is your “Style Map.” You should feel powerful and confident in these outfits.
2. Take everything out of your closet that is uncomfortable. If it is too tight, itchy or just plain ugly, it goes — no matter the cost or the gift giver. Remember comfort and fit are the key words here. You should never wear anything that is uncomfortable and makes you fidget, it is distracting to your audience and takes away your power.
3. What ever is left group it up: all pants, all skirts, all dresses, all suits, all blouses, etc. This step is like cooking — now you have the ingredients to create outfits based on styles and occasions.
Read the rest at ESSENCE.com!
ps. Harper is Hillary’s old neighbor! Yay for her!
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Travel Bites: LGBT Loving Locales, Embracing Strangers & More! - September 17th, 2016
- The Travel Seven: Bianca Malata - September 17th, 2016
- A Tour of Morocco's Magic - September 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Silk Road Eats, Vacation Home Tips & more! - September 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Ecuador Needs The Love, Avoiding Vacay Gains & More! - August 7th, 2016