I always liked Mrs. Dixie Carter’s character on the late 1980’s – early 1990’s television show “Designing Women.” Like the late Bea Arthur’s character Dorothy on “The Golden Girls,” Julia was always setting someone straight in her southern lilt, without so much as a tinge of regret for indignantly ripping their head off.
I loved it.
She passed Saturday night, April 10, but in spirit of her legacy, peep one of her classic “Designing” rants after the jump. Long live Julia!
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011