Man. You waited until the last possible moment, and now you’re sitting in those awful scratchy blue chairs at the local H&R Block, shaking your leg and wishing you e-filed your taxes before midnight. Bet you won’t do that again. On the bright side, you do have one last chance to be sure you’re getting all the deductions you have coming to you as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
Just use this tool, then show the results to your accountant before she hits send to claim deductions and credits for buying a new car, going to school, collecting unemployment (!), being broke, going green or having babies. Then come back and tell us how things shake out for you.
Did you get anything back from the state and federal pickpockets? Do share!
If you like Kenryaâ€™s opinion, check out the rest of her posts below.
Last 5 posts by kenrya
- More Than Hair: How a Mom's Blowout Affected Her Daughter - March 15th, 2013
- No White Dolls Allowed: One Mom on Choosing Brown Dolls for Her Brown Girl - December 21st, 2012
- Why I'm Still Breastfeeding My One-Year-Old - August 8th, 2012
- My Family Never Thought I'd Have Kids, But I Did: Black + Green Mama - June 22nd, 2012
- 'Start It Up'!: Parlour Columnist Kenrya Rankin Tackles Teen — & Adult — Entrepreneurship - December 23rd, 2011