We all have music for different occasions. BeyoncÃ© for before the club (I know I’m not alone!!), Coltrane on easy Sundays, and for meâ€”Hypnotic Brass Ensemble in the mornings.
Comprised of eight brothers, all sons of legendary SunRa trumpeter Phil Cohran, Hypnotic has been putting it down in their native Chicago for some years before collaborating with Mos Def, Erykah Badu, Maxwell, and Damon Albarn of the Gorillaz and more. Peep the vid after the jump for a look into their latest release, Heritage (Choice Cuts), which is a cover of the songs that influenced them from the likes of Outkast, Fela Kuti and others. Their take on Outkast’s “Spottieottiedopalicious” is a great introduction.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- Travel Bites: The New JFK, 2017 Travel Predictions & More! - January 9th, 2017
- Why Be Basic? 6 Ways To Be A Better Traveler - December 19th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016