I’ve liked this kid Curren$y for a long time, he had a track with Remy ‘pre-jail’ Ma on one of Lil Wayne’s DJ Drama mixtapes and I loved it. I like him even more now that he’s linked with giggling Wiz Khalifa and bitter Mississippi MC, Big K.R.I.T. — if you like pimp talk and rolling bass lines, K.R.I.T.’s you’re man.
Anywho, since Jay-Z ditched the Roc-A-Fella Records brand at Def Jam, Damon Dash plans to revive the storied label with Curren$y as his first artist, using Island Def Jam as a distributor and marketing hub. Should be interesting to watch, like Toya, I want Curren$y to win.
I also included a video — sorry the sound quality isn’t the best — from a recent showcase from a new singer named Miguel. He’s handsome, definitely a newbie and has this song, “All I Want Is You” featuring J.Cole and a mean rolling bass line that I love #black.
ps. here’s a link to DJ Envy & NMC Present Young Jeezy – Trap & B, enjoy!
Peep the clips after the jump, and tell me if you like it in the comments.
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011