We all have friends who do music…and then we have friends who do music. Us Parlouristas are some lucky girls to have homies likeÂ R.Thentic, The Stuyvesants and Double-O who not only make fresh tunes, they make great friends. Adding to that list is one of my oldest pals (since perms and proms) Vanese Smith aka Pursuit Grooves. Known more on the instrumental, electronic-soul side of town, Pursuit has been rhyming, singing and producing since most of us were taking our SATs and now after years of touring, she is making an international name for herself with her EP, Foxtrot Mannerisms. Last week, she rocked the Sonar festival (electronic music’s Summer Jam) in Barcelona as a part of the Red Bull Music Academy and had a chance to sit down with legendary UK radio personality and musical curator, Gilles Peterson on BBC’s Radio Oneâ€”a major win for any artist, just ask Questlove, Jill Scott, Badu, Madlib and the many others who have appeared on his show. So get familiar with our sistren, below is her interview and her full live set at Sonar.
Pursuit Grooves X Gilles Peterson Worldwide
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- The Travel Seven: Elmeka Henderson - December 6th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Brazil's Hidden Beauty, Our National Parks' Lessons & more! - December 5th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Airbnb's New Look, The Best Time To Travel & More! - November 29th, 2016
- Travel Bites: The New Luxe AirBnb, A VAT Breakdown & More! - November 21st, 2016
- The Travel Bag: Skin’s Best Bets - October 24th, 2016