We all have friends who do music…and then we have friends who do music. Us Parlouristas are some lucky girls to have homies likeÂ R.Thentic, The Stuyvesants and Double-O who not only make fresh tunes, they make great friends. Adding to that list is one of my oldest pals (since perms and proms) Vanese Smith aka Pursuit Grooves. Known more on the instrumental, electronic-soul side of town, Pursuit has been rhyming, singing and producing since most of us were taking our SATs and now after years of touring, she is making an international name for herself with her EP, Foxtrot Mannerisms. Last week, she rocked the Sonar festival (electronic music’s Summer Jam) in Barcelona as a part of the Red Bull Music Academy and had a chance to sit down with legendary UK radio personality and musical curator, Gilles Peterson on BBC’s Radio Oneâ€”a major win for any artist, just ask Questlove, Jill Scott, Badu, Madlib and the many others who have appeared on his show. So get familiar with our sistren, below is her interview and her full live set at Sonar.
Pursuit Grooves X Gilles Peterson Worldwide
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- 3 Luxe for Less Caribbean Getaways for Fall! - August 29th, 2016
- Carnival Virgin? What To Know Before You Go! - August 14th, 2016
- Get On Your Game At Club Med Sandpiper Bay - May 29th, 2016
- Three Spring Hotel Deals To Book Now! - April 1st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Luxe for Less Hotels, TSA Steps Up & More! - March 13th, 2016