Well, didn’t our little interview with R&B singer-songwriter The-Dream spark quite a bit of controversy. After he said he didn’t help his wife, Christina Milian, much with their new infant, Violet — which, let’s be honest, a lot of men do but don’t publicly admit — The-Dream said that Ciara only had so many opportunities to “not succeed.” This sparked many other outlets to pick up our story and readers across the web responded.
Here are a few of their comments:
“I think Ciara should stick to modelingâ€¦ she is much better at that it seems. Musically I think she should give it up,” says Essence via NeocoleBitchie.com
“I love when artists or people in the industry are brutally honestly and say the things the fans have all known or debated for awhile. “Evolution” was a mild success and “Fantasy Ride” was a total flop, so far this project has a terrible start so I donâ€™t know what Ciara needs to do to pull out a hit and gets some life and INTEREST in her career… I went to Perez HIlton (whoâ€™s audience is what she is trying to capture) and… there were only like 20 comments and most were â€œwho is Ciara?â€… Mark my words, this project WILL flop, she keeps coming out with more of the same,” says SublimeOO via ThatGrapeJuice.net
“So a hit song like “Ride” is called “shallow”? How about using words like pioneering? How about learning to simplify your responses so your responses are not taken out of context? The press is not your friend nor do they pay bills. Loyalty should be for the record buyers. Oh Dream here’s another word to describe her music “dynamic,” says 4080 via Aol’s TheBoombox.com.
We were also asked about whether The-Dream was right about Ciara’s career being at a crucial make or break point by VIBE magazine in their “Blogger’s Circle” discussion piece and here’s what we had to say:
Peep the rest of the opinions here at VIBE.com. What do you think? Tell us in a comment below.
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011