At the Ryan Leslie concert of course. *dials Mom’s number furiously* Ryan was awesome as usual. Think I’m the only Parlourista that likes him though, oh well. Peep my show review below and THE MARRIAGE PROPOSAL that went down on stage:
Last night (June 23) R&B singer-songwriter-producer Ryan Leslie completed his two night residency at New York City’s Bowery Ballroom, where he made a point to rap about his independence from his former label, Universal Motown Records.
For many, Leslie is an obscure singer with long head and an affinity for rectangular sunglasses. However upon a closer look, the Harvard graduate and producer behind Cassie’s debut (pre-Diddy of course, and we see how that’s going nowadays…) is a master of catchy R&B hooks, used by Fabolous and Jim Jones, and sincere romantic lyrics.
The crowd at Bowery Ballroom affirmed Leslie’s talent by chanting “Ryan!” before the performer even hit the stage. Backed by a five-piece band and three background singers, he began the show with a few bars describing his recent departure from Universal Motown.
“They never really understood what I want trying to do, had me feeling like Miles Davis, kinda blue,” rhymed Leslie. “Never had a top ten but you still respect my art… go check my girl on that February Vogue cover… No matter what it takes I’ma get my glory.”
Read the rest at theBVX.com!
image via Ernest Estime
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011