Wow, and we thought we were the only ones who watched that surprisingly hilarious Wanda Sykes comedy special “I’ma Be Me.” Turns out the Emmy Award nomination crew also tuned in and nominated the comedian and actress with two noms for Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Special and Outstanding Writing For A Variety, Music Or Comedy Special.
Our favorite B-movie-esque television show “True Blood” also got a few noms for Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Art Direction For A Single-Camera Series and Outstanding Casting For A Drama Series. Not to be outdone, “Mad Men,” “TremÃ©” and our fave everyday man-cum-meth dealer drama “Breaking Bad” actor Brian Cranston got a nom for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama. Did you know he was the dad from “Malcolm in the Middle”? Nuts. The annoying “Breaking Bad” arse Jesse Pinkman aka actor Aaron Paul also garnered a Outstanding Supportive Actor in a Drama nod. Hell, even Betty White was nominated for hosting “Saturday Night Live,” which actually rocks. Why? Because she’s almost 100-years-old and still slaying bishes.
We’re excited for our favorite shows and actors, but we’re a little salty that Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette from “True Blood”) didn’t garner any nods but we’ll give the Emmy’s a pass… this time.
The Emmy Awards air on NBC on August 29, with host Jimmy “I’m not really that funny” Fallon.
Peep the rest of the nominations here.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- The #TravelFly Solo Weekend 2017! - November 28th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Delta Tracks Your Luggage and Uber Will Help You Vote - November 7th, 2016
- Travel Bites: Trump Hotel D.C. Opens Like You'll Really Stay There, LOL & More! - October 31st, 2016
- Travel Bites: Kanye Can't Save Chicago and How to Cuddle Abroad - October 24th, 2016
- Travel Seven: Tenicka Boyd - October 12th, 2016