If you think Kid Cudi and his liquid cocaine struggles are emo, meet Mexcian artist-cum-international diva Frida Kahlo. She was so tortured by her talent, often stifled by her chronic illness, and her love for ladies man and fellow painter Diego Rivera that she basically painted her heart out. Literally (see above).
Today is the late Frida’s birthday and we here at Parlour would like to raise a glass of good tequila in her honor. Quirky creatives UNITE!
Not familiar with Ms. Kahlo? Read up on her here, rent this movie and plot how you can talk your significant other into copping side-by-side houses so you can escape when he/she doesn’t wash the dishes AGAIN.
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011